The Society

The Glengarry Historical Society (GHS) was established in 1957 under the direction of Hugh Pearson MacMillan. The Society was incorporated under the laws of Ontario in January 1962.  It is also is a charity. A description of the founding of the Society can be found in Volume 1 of Glengarry Life.

Regrettably Hugh has recently passed away.  For more information regarding his passing, see here.